WHAT IS A FACIAL?
A basic facial is a skin treatment that cleanses pores, exfoliates away dead skin cells, and treats common skin concerns with a custom mask. This multi-step process is meant to rejuvenate and nourish faces, making skin appear healthier and younger. It is also a popular spa treatment to pamper and relax, right up there with a massage.
When booking a facial appointment, it’s important to first consult with our esthetician and discuss your skin type and skin care concerns, as well as what you want to address during your treatment. For example, do you want your esthetician to focus on improving acne, like extracting blackheads? Or you interested to learn about products and techniques that promote anti-aging? Our esthetician will be able to go over everything with you before the treatment and recommend the best treatment options for you.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A FACIAL TREATMENT?
Each facial begins with a consultation that helps the esthetician determine the right products for your skin type and concerns. Once that’s been determined, the relaxing part begins! Most basic facials include some version of the following five steps:
The estheticians massage a cleanser into the face, neck, and remove any traces of makeup and dirt. Using warm water paired with a facial cloth, or cotton pad, she will remove the cleanser, dry face, and evaluate skin.
Our estheticians may buff away dead skin cells with an exfoliating cream or scrub and/or open up pores with steam.
This process is done to clear individual pores that have become clogged with excess oil or dead skin cells, which can form blackheads and acne. Esthetician will perform the extractions either by hand or with a special metal tool.
Estheticians then apply a custom mask, perhaps a clay-based one to treat oiliness or a hydrating one to combat dryness.
Massage + Moisturizer
Finally almost all facial treatments will end with a moisturizer that is massaged over the skin.
HOW OFTEN I NEED FACIAL?
Our skin renews itself every 4 weeks, so thererfore once a month is the magic number for facials if you don’t suffer from breakouts or other major skin issues. If you do have problematic skin, you may need to do a course of treatments close together to treat the problem and then you can go once a month to maintain.
OUR FACIAL SERVICES
This mini facial is ideal for those on the go. Your skin is cleansed, lightly exfoliated and gently massaged. A pore-refining mask is then applied, followed by a veil of light moisturizer. The mini version of our Signature facial. Express facial does not include extractions.
$63 / 30 mins
The techniques used in a back facial are very similar to those applied in a regular facial treatment. Cleansing, exfoliation and extractions customized mask is applied to clarify and soften the skin while providing a deep moisturizing treatment.
$63 / 30 mins
The signature facial offers a wide spectrum of cleansers, toniques, exfoliants, masques, serums, eye creams and moisturizers that you and your skin specialist will select to give you a customized facial. Includes a face massage, steam and extractions.
$115 / 60 mins
Based on the tradicional European facial, this treatment is ideal for those suffering from oily, clogged skin. Includes a massage and a treatment masque.
$125 / 80 mins
Deluxe facial is a signature facial with an extra peels. Lips and eyes treatment including an extra mask for puffy eyes or dark circles.
$135 / 80 mins
Add on Peel / Hydrojelly Mask
A Hydrojelly Mask is a jelly-like mask provides the skin with several benefits such as hydration, smoothing, moisturizing, washing, exfoliating, cooling, toning and inflammation reduction.
WHAT IS EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions are used to enhance the length, curliness, fullness, and thickness of natural eyelashes. Lash extensions come in a variety of materials. The most common are made out of synthetic polyester, silk, and mink, and can range in length from short to very long. The main method of applying the extensions is by using an adhesive glue to individually stick the extensions to the eyelash line. The lashes are placed one by one on your own lashes, so that your own lashes are therefore extended. False eyelashes and eyelash extensions are not the same. Just like natural eyelashes, the extensions fall out, so they needed to be filled up about every 3 weeks.
Each eye naturally sheds 2-5 lashes a day. On average, if we lose 3 lashes a day per eye:
- In a week we will lose 21 lashes
- In 2 weeks we will lose 42 lashes
- In 3 weeks we will lose 63 lashes
This is why fills are required every 2-3 weeks!
6 SECRETS TO MAKING EYELASH EXTENSIONS LAST LONGER
- Sleep on your back! Sleeping with your face pushed into your pillow can cause your extension to fall out more quickly.
- Avoid water and steam for the first 48 hours! This is probably the most important thing you can do to preserve your lashes, as this gives the glue a chance to set.
- Comb them regularly! Brushing your lashes with a clean spoolie will keep them from crisscrossing and looking like a tangled hot mass.
- Always use oil-free makeup remover! While washing your eyes, try to use a mild, low-alkaline soap and oil-free makeup remover.
- Avoid mascara! It will be harder to remove your eye makeup with lashes attached, so avoid applying mascara altogether!
- Do not play with them! If an extension looks out of place, avoid playing with it, twisting or pulling it off! You will risk losing your natural lashes!
OUR LASH UP SERVICES
90 - 120 minutes
Express Touch Up
50 - 60 minutes
WHAT IS WAXING?
Waxing is the process of hair removal from the root by using a covering of a sticky substance, such as wax, to adhere to body hair, and then removing this covering and pulling out the hair from the follicle. New hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for four to six weeks. Almost any area of the body can be waxed, including eyebrows, face, pubic hair (called bikini waxing), legs, arms, back, abdomen, knuckles, and feet. There are many types of waxing suitable for removing unwanted hair.
Keep the waxed area clean! For the next 24-48 hours avoid the following:
- NO sexual activity if waxed in that area
- NO hot baths or showers (cool – lukewarm only)
- NO saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments
- NO tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans)
- NO sport, gym work or other exercise
- NO swimming in pools or lakes
- WEAR clean, loose fitting clothes
- DO NOT apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the waxed area, other than those recommended by your therapist
Starting 2 days after your appointment, exfoliate every other day and moisturize every day! Do not moisturize the day of your next scheduled appointment! Do not shave between appointments and re-schedule treatment every 4 weeks!
HOW TO GET THE LEAST PAINFUL WAX?
- Make sure you are extra clean front & back right before your appointment
- Take an Aspirin or Tylenol 30-45 minutes before your appointment
- Get waxed 5-14 days after your period
- Do not drink coffee or alcohol before your appointment
- Apply a numbing spray before your appointment
- Get a good sleep the night before your appointment
- Get waxed every 4 weeks
- Exfoliate and hydrate the area well