Skin Tightening with Plasma Pen Fibroblast
WHAT IS THE PLASMA PEN?
The Plasma Pen is a revolutionary, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin tightening and rejuvenation handheld device. With the use of this device we can effectively treat wrinkles, skin tags and sagging skin without the need of costly and invasive surgery.
In our body the most common collagen producing cells of the connective tissue are fibroblasts. The plasma pen treatment stimulates fibroblasts to produce collagen, which creates a significant improvement in loose skin and wrinkles.
This procedure can treat multiple areas of concern without damaging the surrounding tissue.
HOW DOES PLASMA PEN WORKS?
The plasma pen is using true plasma, it is ionizes atmospheric gases to create the plasma discharge. The direct current of this pen sends the plasma energy into the targeted skin cells and does not affect the surrounding tissue.
The highly accurate and controlled trauma that is caused to the epidermis (outermost layer of the skin) makes the skin dry superficially into tiny carbon crusts, which falls off within a few days. This immediate tightening and contraction of the skin tissue and also thermal disruption within the dermis stimulates collagen production for the next few months, and also activates and releases important proteins in the dermis.
After a few months, you will have beautiful and rejuvenated skin at the surface.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR PLASMA PEN FIBROBLAST TREATMENT?
It is very important to get thorough consultation with our plasma pen specialist to decide if you are a good candidate for this treatment. You are not a good candidate if any of these condition applies:
- Fitzpatrick Skin type IV and above
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Sick on the day of the procedure
- Some autoimmune diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis and Alopecia
- Vascular or arterial diseases
- Any other diseases that slow the healing process
- Blood diseases
- Blood thinning medications
- Prone to Keloid Scarring
- Prone to hyper or hypopigmentation
- Skin diseases, conditions like Lupus, Vitiligo, Eczema, Dermatitis, Keratosis, etc
- Blemishes, sores, rashes, inflammation in area to be treated
- Healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues
- Cold sores in lip area
- Sunburn or tan in the area to be treated
- Moles, birth marks
- Current accutane, radiation treatment, chemotherapy, steroids
- Currently using Cortizone creams, topical retinoids, recent abrasive skin treatments
- Recent BB glow treatment where iron oxides may be present in the skin
PREPARING FOR PLASMA SKIN TIGHTENING PROCEDURE
- Recommended to use some microdermabrasion scrub and heavy moisturizer for a couple of weeks prior (every other day), but stop using scrub two days before treatment. You can also get microdermabrasion / deep moisturizing treatment in the salon a few days beforehand giving your skin enough time to normalize without peeling. The purpose is to remove dead skin and infuse as much moisture as possible.
- Need to wear SPF 30-50 daily two weeks prior to treatment.
- Take our Beauty Blend supplement or extra Vitamin C two weeks before and two weeks after the treatment to aid in healing. Visit the official Isotonix website for more information.
- Skincare products with ingredients such as retinols, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), tretinoin or any type of Vitamin A derivatives should be avoided two weeks prior to treatment as well as two weeks post-treatment.
- In case a history of cold sores, you need to take medication three days before and three days following treatment or as directed by your doctor.
- Contact lenses are not recommended when treating eye area.
PLASMA PEN PROCEDURE
Our certified plasma pen specialist will discuss your expectations and answer your questions. Plasma pen procedure can treat almost any area of the body where skin needs to be tightened. It helps smooth out wrinkles, remove age spots, lift the eyes and brows, improve certain types of scars and many more.
After the consultation our technician will setup a treatment plan for your skin concern and setup appointments for the procedure and for the follow up as well.
During the treatment, your skin will be cleansed and numbed so that you are as comfortable as possible. Our technician will treat the area of concern on the skin for about 30-60 mins depends on the issue. You may feel a mild sunburn after treatment and you will be given after care instructions.
Keep is mind that maybe more then one treatment necessary to achieve the desired results!
IMMEDIATELY AFTER TREATMENT
Following the treatment the whole treated area will be very red and inflamed and will look like a bad sunburn. The dots will be brownish black and the skin will be bumpy. The sunburn feeling usually lasts about 24 hours but in some cases can last 48 hours. The dots will rise to the surface of the skin within 24-48 hours. Please note that the eyes tend to swell too!
You should avoid ice so that the skin’s natural inflammatory response can kick in and stimulate the fibroblasts to start producing collagen. But in case of excessive swelling you can ice it and take Advil only if you are very uncomfortable.
Recommended to schedule a 1-2 week and an 8 week follow up appointment to evaluate your skin and healing progression.
BEFORE AND AFTER
- The dots will crust over and stay on the skin for about 5-10 days. Most people lose the dots in 5-7 days.
- DO NOT rub, poke or scratch these scabs off or they risk scarring. They must fall off ON THEIR OWN.
- The dots cannot be covered with anything, we only recommend Membrane Products and our specially formulated concealer.
- Once the dots have all fallen off, you can apply your own makeup, even if the skin is still pink. Just be gentle with the skin until it has completely healed.
- Wear a good facial sunscreen once the dots have all fallen off.
- It is recommended to stay away from the gym for a couple of days to prevent infection and sweating.
- Stay out of the sun!
- No swimming or saunas for two weeks and do your best to keep the area dry in the shower as much as possible.
- Recommended to follow the provided after-care instructions with using MicroGel, MicroTonic and MicroBalm products.